Meet Dr. Scott Miller
Dr. Miller is devoted to providing exceptional cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery in a personal and caring environment. His elegant office, located in the Scripps Medical Office Building on the campus of Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla, includes a state-of-the-art certified surgical facility. Dr. Miller’s highly trained Staff is available to assist you with any questions you may have.
Dr. Scott R. Miller is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, which demands its surgeons meet or exceed rigorous standards in plastic and reconstructive surgery. He has completed a prestigious aesthetic cosmetic plastic surgery fellowship with world-renowned plastic surgeon Dr. Bruce F. Connell. During his training under the “Father of the Modern Face Lift,” Dr. Miller honed his surgical skill and techniques on achieving natural beauty in his plastic surgery patients.
Dr. Miller pulls from his years of experience by frequently teaching courses on plastic surgery, instructing surgeons in endoscopic (minimal scar) techniques and advanced concepts in facial rejuvenation and enhancement. His expertise includes minimal scar facial rejuvenation, nose reshaping, breast surgery, liposculpture, tummy tucks, structural fat grafting, personalized skin care and more.
Dr. Miller is an attending surgeon at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla, Voluntary Clinical Instructor of Plastic Surgery at the University of California, San Diego and featured by multiple media news sources including Fox News, among others. He is the author of the chapter on facelift advances in a plastic surgery textbook, along with numerous medical articles. Dr. Miller is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the California Society of Plastic Surgeons and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and is involved in the Interface International Surgery Program, operating on children with disfiguring birth defects.
Dr. Miller participated as a special guest on UCSD-TV’s Health Matters. Dr. Miller discusses many topics ranging from shorter recovery times to procedures such as Mommy Makeovers.
Dr. Miller earned his M.D. and completed his internship and residency in surgery at the University of California, Irvine. He completed his plastic and reconstructive surgery residency at the University of California, San Diego and went on to complete advanced fellowship training in aesthetic cosmetic surgery. He is an attending surgeon at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla and a Voluntary clinical Instructor of Plastic Surgery at the University of California, San Diego. Dr. Miller is involved in the Interface International Surgery Program, operating on children with disfiguring birth defects.
Dr. Miller takes and individual and personal approach. This combined with his technical expertise and aesthetic artistry leads to outstanding results.
- University of California, Irvine College of Medicine
Year of graduation: 1991
- University of California Medical Center Department of Surgery
Year of graduation: 1995
- University of California San Diego Division of Plastic Surgery San Diego, California
Year of graduation: 1997
- Bruce Connell Aesthetic Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship
Year of graduation: 1997
- Scripps Memorial Hospital – La Jolla
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- California Medical Association
- 2011 – Best of La Jolla Award, Cosmetic Surgeon, US Commerce Association
- 2011 – Best Doctors in America
- 2006 – ASPS/PSEF Recognition Award
- 2005 – Who’s Who Among Executives and Professionals “Honors Addition” 2005
- 2000 – ASAPS Appreciation Award for Advancement of Aesthetic Surgery
- 1991 – The J. Gordon Hatfield Award for Excellence in Surgery
- 1991 – Orange County Medical Association Auxiliary Research Award
- 1987 – Excellence in Research Award, UCI School of Biological Sciences
- 1987 – Pacific Coast Athletic Association Scholar-Athlete Award
- 1986 – Dean’s Award for Research