The forehead is one of the first areas of the face to show signs of aging. This is due to most facial expressions causing movement in the brow area. To help tighten lax skin and smooth deep wrinkles, Dr. Scott Miller performs the forehead lift, also known as the brow lift. This procedure can create a younger-looking appearance, often rejuvenating not only the brow and forehead, but also the upper eyelid and outer-eye areas.
Traditionally, the forehead lift was performed using an incision that extended from one ear to the other. Dr. Miller performs the endoscopic forehead lift, which is a less invasive approach that only involves making a few small incisions to gain access to the underlying facial structure. Through these tiny openings, he can visualize the area and modify the muscles and soft tissues to create a more youthful aesthetic.
Dr. Scott Miller is a board-certified plastic surgeon who is highly trained in plastic surgery of the face, having studied under the acclaimed Dr. Bruce F. Connell in an aesthetic surgery fellowship. In addition, Dr. Miller has written a textbook chapter on the endoscopic forehead lift technique.
- What is a Brow Lift?
- Brow Lift Candidates
- Brow Lift Procedure
- Brow Lift Recovery
- Brow Lift Scars
- Brow Lift Cost
- Non-Surgical Brow Lift
- Choosing a Brow Lift Surgeon
What is a Brow Lift?
A brow lift is performed to reduce premature aging in the upper face by redraping the brow and relaxing musculature for a brighter, more youthful appearance. Over time, you may notice that your eyebrows have descended and appear droopy, or that the wrinkles on the forehead have deepened and become more pronounced, giving off an irritated or anxious expression. Unfortunately, tissue relaxation and expression lines are an inevitable effect of the aging process that can make you look stressed, tired, or even angry. A forehead lift is designed to smooth brow creases and restore the youthful positioning of the eyebrows. This procedure is often performed in conjunction with eyelid surgery to simultaneously treat lax skin and fine lines around the eyes for natural appearing facial rejuvenation.
Who is a Good Candidate for a Brow Lift?
To determine if a forehead lift is right for you, Dr. Miller will evaluate your facial structure and discuss what you hope to achieve from surgery. Should you prove to be a good candidate, you both will begin planning the specifics of your procedure to ensure you receive beautifully natural rejuvenation.
Depending on your unique needs, Dr. Miller may recommend an additional procedure, such as a facelift or eyelid surgery, to help create a balanced facial aesthetic. Patients who can benefit from a brow lift typically struggle with:
- Deep horizontal and vertical frown lines
- Lax tissue in the forehead area
- Eyebrows that have descended
- Looking tired or unhappy
How is the Endoscopic Brow Lift Procedure Performed?
To begin your endoscopic forehead lift, Dr. Miller will make approximately three small incisions behind your hairline, through which he will insert the tiny surgical tools to address the brow area. With this advanced technology, Dr. Miller alters the underlying muscles and soft tissues to appear smoother and tighter while maintaining a natural look. He then repositions the brows to create a subtly refreshed appearance.
What is Brow Lift Recovery Like?
Patients are walking around within the first days following forehead lift surgery, and discomfort can be controlled with medication. Sutures and fixation come out in about one week. Swelling and bruising are normal throughout this time and these side effects should gradually recede over the first week to 10 days. Since the procedure is performed endoscopically whenever possible, there is less swelling and patients experience an overall improved recovery period.
Will I Have Visible Scars From a Brow Lift?
One of the main benefits of an endoscopic brow lift with Dr. Miller is that scars are completely hidden behind the hairline, leaving no visible scarring from the procedure. Unlike a traditional brow lift, the endoscopic technique requires only three small incisions to smooth and reposition the underlying tissues of the face. These incisions can heal discreetly for scars that remain undetectable to outside observers.
How Much Does a Brow Lift Cost?
A brow lift varies in price depending on your unique needs and the aesthetic that you’re hoping to achieve. While it is impossible to estimate the price of the procedure without evaluating your concerns, factors that may influence your brow lift expenses include:
- Your needs and treatment goals
- The surgical technique used
- The overall complexity of the procedure
Rest assured that our Patient Care Coordinator will provide you with a personalized quote of your brow lift costs after your personal consultation with Dr. Miller. To make the price of surgery more amenable to your budgetary concerns, our practice accepts plastic surgery financing through CareCredit®. This healthcare lending institution offers qualified applicants a variety of payment plans with low monthly installments, as well as low- to no-interest rates so you can pay for your surgery over time, rather than in a lump sum. Please reach out to our office to speak to a friendly member of our team if you would like to learn more about the cost of a brow lift.
Is a Brow Lift with BOTOX® Cosmetic Possible?
BOTOX® Cosmetic can achieve some of the goals of a brow lift, but there is generally no non-surgical technique that can match the effective and long-lasting rejuvenation provided by a forehead lift. That said, many patients use BOTOX® Cosmetic to temporarily smooth creases in the forehead and reduce frown lines between the brows. This injectable treatment can work to refresh the upper third of the face by diminishing wrinkles, but drooping eyebrows and lax facial tissue cannot be addressed with a non-surgical brow lift.
How to Select the Right Brow Lift Surgeon
When it comes to facial rejuvenation, it’s essential to choose a plastic surgeon who is well-equipped to restore a more youthful appearance without creating a tight or “over-pulled” look in the face. The following tips can help you gauge whether a prospective brow lift surgeon is the best person to achieve your aesthetic goals:
- Review a surgeon’s credentials and research their training. Learning about a plastic surgeon’s educational background, professional memberships, and accolades can help you assess the breadth of their experience performing brow lift surgery. Dr. Miller’s training includes a highly sought-after aesthetic surgery fellowship with Dr. Bruce F. Connell—a leader in the field of facial plastic surgery—that gave him the tools to utilize advanced facial rejuvenation techniques during a brow lift.
- Choose a plastic surgeon who is uniquely qualified to perform brow lift surgery. To achieve the best possible outcome in cosmetic surgery, you should select a surgeon with distinguished expertise performing your procedure of interest. Dr. Miller is not only a clinical instructor who educates other surgeons on proper endoscopic (minimal scar) technique, he has also authored a medical textbook chapter discussing the endoscopic brow lift.
- Compare previous patients’ results with your ideal aesthetic outcome. Exploring before-and-after photos in a plastic surgeon’s portfolio can be the best indication of what can be achieved with a brow lift. Be sure to weigh the outcomes in their cosmetic surgery photo gallery against your surgical expectations, and determine whether your desired aesthetic is consistent with their previous work.
- Select a brow lift surgeon who provides outstanding levels of care. Your comfort throughout the entire plastic surgery process is also an important determination that should inform your search for a brow lift surgeon. Read online reviews to gain an idea of a plastic surgeon’s bedside manner and—when you’re ready—schedule a consultation with him or her to find out whether or not you feel confident under their care.
After a forehead lift, patients appear well-rested and more youthful. If you would like to learn more about the endoscopic procedure, please contact us to schedule your consultation with Dr. Miller.