What are the Risks and Benefits of Rhinoplasty (Nose Surgery)?
Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular facial plastic surgery procedures available. The treatment can improve both cosmetic and functional issues you may be having with your nose, addressing breathing problems and/or nasal shape, size, and symmetry. As with any surgical procedure, there are risks and benefits to rhinoplasty. Dr. Scott Miller wants to make sure you are thoroughly knowledgeable about all aspects of rhinoplasty treatment in order to make the best decision for your needs. He will go over the nose surgery procedure in detail with you during your initial consultation and answer any questions you may have.
Here is a brief look at some of the benefits and risks of rhinoplasty:
Rhinoplasty can not only enhance the look and function of the nose, it can also improve confidence and eliminate years of self-consciousness caused by your nasal appearance. Rhinoplasty can:
- Increase or decrease the size of the nose
- Give the nostrils a new shape
- Reduce the nasal tip
- Reduce the bridge
- Enhance the balance and harmony between other facial features
- Have a positive effect on your overall facial aesthetic
- Correct problems associated with a deviated septum
- Improve breathing
All surgical procedures, no matter how major or minor, carry some degree of risk; however, Dr. Miller is a skilled plastic surgeon who works diligently to minimize risks during rhinoplasty surgery. It is also very important to follow all post-operative instructions after rhinoplasty, as any deviations could interfere with the healing process and the overall results.
Risks of rhinoplasty include:
- Complications with anesthesia
- Difficulty breathing
- Discoloration in the skin
- Dissatisfaction with results
- Septal perforation
- Improper healing or noticeable scarring
- Complications requiring a secondary rhinoplasty procedure
Dr. Miller will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the rhinoplasty procedure, the techniques he utilizes to reduce risks, and other aspects of nose surgery. Please contact us today to schedule a rhinoplasty consultation.